“Anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! 2 Cor. 5:17 (NIV)
This week we will talked about transformation in our Spiritual Health. Rick Warren describes the seven habits that is needed to have a positive spiritual health:
1. I must love Jesus Supremely. (Luke 14:26). Spiritual health is measure by Love.
Mark 12:29-30 “ “This is the most important,” Jesus answered: Listen, Israel! The Lord our God, the Lord is One. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’
2. I must meet with Jesus Daily. (Proverbs 8:34) “ Anyone who listens to me is happy, watching at my doors every day, waiting by the posts of my doorway.’ You talk to God via Prayer, He responds back to you through His Word.
3. I must Study and Do his Word. (Psalm 1:1-3)” How happy is the man who does not follow the advice of the wicked or take the path of sinners or join a group of mockers! Instead, his delight is in the LORD’s instruction, and he meditates on it day and night. He is like a tree planted beside streams of water that bears its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. “
4. I must tithe my Income. (Malachi 3:10)” Bring the full tenth into the storehouse so that there may be food in My house. Test Me in this way,” says the LORD of Hosts. “See if I will not open the floodgates of heaven and pour out a blessing for you without measure. ” You can never out give God!!
5. I must learn to love other believers! (John 13:35) “By this all people will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
1 John 4:20, “ If anyone says, “I love God,” yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For the person who does not love his brother he has seen cannot love the God he has not seen. “
Spiritual Growth happens in Community!
6. I must serve others unselfishly. (Mark 10:45) “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life–a ransom for many.”
7. I must pass on the Good News! (2 Timothy 2:2) ” And what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, commit to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. “
Rick Warren goes on to say that” We are going to Heaven because somebody told you about Jesus Christ. Don’t break the chain, tell other’s about Jesus. If you don’t tell somebody then who is going to tell them? Jesus says to be a Disciple you must pass on the Good News.
” Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20
Here are the Daily Devotions for Day 1-7 in your workbook.
Day 1- John 3:16
Day 2: John 1:12-13
Day 3: 1 John 4:4
Day 4: 2 Cor. 5:17
Day 5: 1 Cor. 10:13
Day 6: 1 John 1:9
Day 7: Romans 8:35-39
Complete your spiritual check-up by completing the Spiritual Health Assessment located on http://www.saddleback.com.
Pastor Rick’s sermons that are found on Saddleback Church Website are a great source of additional information with your Transformed Study.
If you haven’t already downloaded your Transformed APP from ITunes, do so now!