God requires us to have open communication with him in the form of prayer. Prayer is your way of talking to God. God requires openness and honesty from you when you pray.
If you abide in me, and MY words abide in you, you will ask what you desire and it shall be done for you.
All I have to do is Ask? Yes, but there are conditions that have to be met when praying.
1. Must ask in Jesus Name. ( John 14: 13-14)
2. Must abide in Christ. ( John 15:7)
3. Must ask in Faith. ( James 1:5)
4. Must be specific about what you are asking for. (Matthew 6:8)
5. Must ask according to his Will. (1 John 5:14)
6. Must be confident ( 1 John 5:14)
7. Expect a miracle (Ephesians 3:20)
8. Keep his Commandments (1 John 3:21)
9. You must do only those things pleasing in his sight. (1 John 3:21)
Most of those things that are required are simple, you know what you want when you ask for it. Knowing his Will and keeping commandments, are revealed to you through his Word.
Things Not to Ask for……
1. You have not, because ye ask not (James 4:2)….. You cant have what you don’t ask for, simple.
2. You ask with wrong Motives…. (James 4:2)
3. You waver with doubt and/or unbelief. (James 4:2)
4. You have unforgiveness in your own heart. (Mark 11:25)
Prayer is one of the most important aspects of walking with God, however, it is the easiest one mishandled. In order to be effective, you must establish a pattern or a schedule of consistant prayer times. We often use busyness as an excuse, I take every quiet opportunity to talk to the Father, and often it is through out the day. Once you understand the power that prayer has, you will never lack in your committment to pray. Trust me, obstacles and difficulties will come up, that is the plan of the enemy to keep you busy and distracted.
There are times when I don’t feel like Praying or Interceding for others. I pray anyways.. I often will even explain how I am feeling, and pray for strength to get the Will. We have to be honest with God, he knows that sometimes we are just not “feeling it.” I guarantee, if you press on and start Praising and Worshipping God, it will come to you. You will begin to feel Alive, and the closeness that you are looking for will be there.
We are all called to Intercede or pray on behalf of others. We are not required to pray for everyone, however, but we will, for those that have been put on your heart, and assigned to us for prayer. The Holy Spirit will guide you, and continue to pray for this person until the Holy Spirit releases us.